“I’d love to hire a classic wedding car how much would it cost?”
We charge all of our cars out at an hourly rate with a minimum time/charge of 4 hours leaving from and returning to the cars base. 4 hours will cover a local wedding, taking the bride from home to the ceremony, waiting at the ceremony venue and then taking the happy couple to the reception with time for plenty of photos.
Please call us on 07971 571065 for more details.
“What about uncertainty and Coronavirus?”
None of us can predict what the next 12 months will bring and so we will be as flexible as we can in accommodating changes to bookings as circumstances change. All our chauffeurs understand the importance of following all latest guidance with PPE and distancing. One of our cars has a built-in screen between the front and rear seats to give complete peace of mind.
Please phone us to discuss concerns, and how we can help in these unsettled times.
“Will the car be decorated?”
We supply white bows to put on the car but if you have something special in mind just let us know. As long as the car is not damaged!
“Can I see the car before I book?”
You are very welcome to come and take a look at our cars just give us a call and we can arrange a suitable day/time.
“How does your system work?”
After your initial booking your dealings will be direct with the owner driver who will be happy to guide you through the relevant details and timing for the day. If possible we will take the bride’s mother to the church, but this is dependent on distances involved. We are all keen to make sure that your wedding day is stress free and it will start with a memorable journey in a special car.
The car and chauffeur will be with you for the duration of the wedding and will not be under pressure to move on to another event. Only when the wedding party are at the reception and the photographer has finished will we leave.
“Where do you cover?”
We work right across Devon, although being based in the South of the county means that costs may be sightly higher for bookings in North Devon. We have extensive knowledge of the narrow roads of Totnes, Ashburton, Kingsbridge, Salcombe, and Ashburton, and many South Hams villages so we are able to plan routes to ensure your day goes without a hitch.
Terms and conditions
- A deposit of 25% of the booking fee is required to secure the booking.
- The balance for the booking is due 30 days before the event date
When we have received your deposit, we will send confirmation of the booking including a statement of account and summary of the details agreed. Please check these carefully.
Our chauffeur will choose the route based on local knowledge, maps, and/or satellite navigation. The chauffeur will use their judgement to travel at a sensible speed in relation to the road and weather conditions. However our chauffeur is at your disposal and is happy to follow your instructions, if you have a favourite route or wish to stop to take photographs on the way.
1. Road Closures and Weather. Although we always build in a large safety margin in travelling time and aim to arrive well before the appointed time, no responsibility can be taken for route closures or for restrictions relating to vehicle access to any location, hold ups on route or adverse weather conditions. We cannot be held responsible for late arrival or cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control (for example, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, etc.) or for any subsequent consequential losses. In the event of extreme weather conditions such as ice or snow, we will make the decision as to whether it is safe for car to fulfil the contract. We recommend that you consider taking out wedding insurance.
2. Provision of Vehicle. The cars are kept in good condition and serviced regularly to try to avoid any mechanical problems. However, they are classic and vintage vehicles, and for peace of mind you might like to consider nominating a reliable friend, neighbour or guest attending your wedding to be your back-up car in the event of an unforeseen last minute problem, to be prepared to collect the Bride at short notice. They will need to be contactable by mobile phone and have it switched on until they know the Bride has arrived safely at the church. This is not something that has ever happened to date but it is a sensible precaution and will help to take the stress out of the situation if it does occur.
Should the car break down and be unable to provide the service which you require then compensation will be limited to the hire charge of the vehicle depending on the level of failure and service carried out. The total compensation will be up to, but no more than, the total contracted cost of the wedding vehicle hire. Your chauffeur will carry a mobile phone for the purpose of emergency arrangements (subject to signal reception).
Should the car develop a problem a few days before the wedding we will do our utmost to provide another one of our other vehicles of a similar type.
3. Luggage. The cars may not have large luggage space. Please check with us before hand. We would suggest that if the party has luggage, that it would be more secure to be carried by an alternative accompanying vehicle.
4. Smoking. We operate a “NO SMOKING” policy for the comfort and health of all passengers
5. Insurance. We are insured to carry out Weddings. The insurance is only valid if the registered carrying capacity is not exceeded. The chauffeur will rigidly adhere to this law.
6. Booking Changes. Minor changes to a bookings i.e times, ribbon colour, drink requirements will incur no extra charges. Greater changes to a booking i.e dates, venues, pick-up points will need to be recalculated and charged as extra where deemed necessary.
7. Cancellations. Cancellation to a confirmed booking needs to be received in writing (not telephone). The deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If the cancellation notice is received by us less than 30 days of the due wedding date and the balance has been paid then 50% of the balance will be refunded. Postponements are deemed as cancellations and treated in the same manner. Should the rare occurrence of the cancellation be made by us then the full amount paid by the hirer will be returned, any further claims for compensation will not be accepted.
8. Termination. We will have the right to refuse entry into the vehicle to any person who is, or appears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances. Any offensive, abusive or intimidating behaviour directed at the chauffeur and/or the vehicle in their charge by the hirer or any member of the hirers party or guests will result in the withdrawal and termination of hire.
9. Personal Belongings. Every effort is taken to ensure against damage or loss. It is the hirer`s responsibility to ensure that all personal items are removed from the vehicle at the end of the hire period. Any item found in the vehicle will be held for 14 days from the date of hire and it will be the responsibility of the hirer to collect such items. Valuables should not be left in the vehicle at any time during the hire period. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that no member of their party or guests to ensure that clothing is kept clear of any part of the vehicle that could dirty or damage their clothing. We take no responsibility for personal belongings or clothing that may become damaged or lost.
10. Seating. Due to the ages of the cars, they do not all have seat belts; children under the age of three cannot be carried because of this. Children over the age of three may be carried but must be under the supervision of an appropriate adult. All passengers must be seated whilst the engine is running. Under no circumstances should anyone be carried on another person’s lap.
11. Access. The hirer should ensure that adequate access, turnaround and exit for the vehicle is available at all addresses to be attended. If any point the chauffeur feels that this is restricted in any way then the chauffeur will stop at the nearest legal safe point available, regardless of distance. The chauffeur has the right to refuse to travel on any surface that he feels may cause damage to the vehicle. If you have an unmade road or uneven road surface then please inform us at the time of booking.
The hirer should ensure that a drop off and parking space is reserved outside the church, hotel, or other venues.
12. Damage to vehicle. The hirer agrees that if any member of their party causes damage/theft of property, or incites others to cause damage/theft to the vehicle or contents the hirer will be responsible and liable for all repair costs to the vehicle to return it to the condition that it left the garage in. Damage/theft to either the exterior or interior are both the responsibility of the hirer. Total repair cost will include the cost of repair, loss of bookings and any other incurred costs. Spillage of food or drink will incur an additional valet fee.
13. Photographs. Devon Classic Wedding Cars may take photographs at your event to use for promotional purposes both on-line and off line. Any objections must be notified prior to the occasion.
14. By making a booking you accept all Devon Classic Wedding Cars terms and conditions.